Sunday, July 3, 2011

HOPE

I am a day dreamer and don’t tell me you are not. Countless of times you must have projected your future with open eyes, admired your future form, and then laughed it away. And, I too sail the same boat.
I am currently doing my summer internship, took a day off (....mind you this occurred often), and was off to Ranchi with other interns. On our way back, sitting at the window seat of the bus, enjoying the cool breeze on my tired face, I dozed off into a mini dream. May be the soothing music or the subtle and sweet wind contributed to my deep slumber.

I was driving a ravishing car, can’t say it was mine, but a strong, confident clutch of my hands on the wheel made me feel it’s mine, it always has been mine. I could feel air of self-assurance around me, a feeling of self belief as I enjoyed all luxuries of life, and the one’s left are not farfetched. I could feel the breeze blowing against my face, meliorating my feeling.

Just then the bus hit a small pit on the road, blowing my assured form away. The dream was gone and so was my self assurance. I played the previous song and tried to go back into the same dream. To my credit I soon dreamt but a new one altogether.

I was walking in just the perfect rain, not alone but with a pretty girl by my side. Her smile was elegant, her aura refined; her look affectionate, presence benign. She held my hand as if she trusted me. Just then a flash occurred in my dream and I saw her (the one I ...), but it soon receded. I had moved on, I was with someone remarkable, someone as beautiful as the rain. The dream concluded itself abruptly, again owing to the pit.

I couldn’t dream or day dream or whatever again. They can be creepy, can betray you. But, they have optimism about them, if you dare to hope. I soon got into another day dream, wherein I decide to pen this all down, for it all seemed wonderful, as if a mystic art and can touch reality if you have the guts to hope. Hope is a good thing, may be the best of things. And no good thing ever dies. (-quoting the ever so famous line from THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION)

I penned it down for I hope the other dreams would soon follow. I hope I will soon have that feeling of self-assurance about me, I hope very soon a pretty girl would walk in that rain with me, I HOPE.

9 comments:

  1. an gr8 display of word play depicted in this particular article with detailing given to its finest......gr8 job bhai nd keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a gr8 display and play of words with giving finest details ..........gr8 job

    ReplyDelete
  3. i HOPE you will keep writing blogs as good as these in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you just keep hoping...
    saale encyclopedia...

    ReplyDelete
  5. but it was nice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. abe sale barish ane wali kuch kar le warna dream me hi laundiya ghumate rehna ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope it rains dis monsoon...... :) :)

    ReplyDelete